QUANG NAM THERAPY CENTER PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Orphan Voice’s newest planned outreach needs your involvement! Currently, over 800 special needs children with no services need our help. When we have the funds in hand, we will reach special needs children in these five districts of Quang Nam Province: Duy Xuyen, Nong Son, Thang Binh, Que Son and Tien Phuoc.
The outreach to these children will build upon the experience gained over 6 years of therapy outreach to children in another part of Vietnam. So we have experience!
The objectives of Quang Nam Therapy Center will be to:
1. Provide a fully-equipped therapy centre with a residential component of eight bedrooms. The special needs child and caregiver will initially come to QTC and the child will be assessed (to the extend possible, screening will eventually occur in the countryside). Upon acceptance into the program, a treatment plan will be developed and the child will undergo intensive treatment for 2-4 weeks.
2. Train care givers on proper therapy techniques and how to continue the physical therapy at home.
3. Provide appropriate therapy equipment for use at home.
4. Provide for return visits by the child/caregiver and/or home visits by therapists within one-two months after each intensive residential care session to monitor progress.
5. Assess each child for the next stage of intensive residential treatment.
To see the full proposal and budget for Quang Nam Therapy Center, click here.